It’s easy to choose your wine !
Easily recognisable products
Feeling lost in the wine section of your supermarket or even at your local wine store? There are up to 500 options available… So what criteria do you use? Price? Colour? Appellation? Yes, but there are still so many choices!
With the award-winning wines at the Bordeaux Wine Awards, it’s easy. You know which wine to choose… And you can be confident that you won’t make a mistake. You are guaranteed to please and be pleased.
Recognising the award-winning wines of the Bordeaux Wine Awards / Concours de Bordeaux is simple… Just look for the medal on the bottle! An easily identifiable symbol to help you choose your wine without a worry…
You may find two ways to present the medal on the bottle :
- Directly printed on the bottle label
- Printed on a sticker placed next to the bottle label
Trust the professionals
Choosing an award-winning wine from the Bordeaux Wine Awards means choosing a wine that has been selected by experts. All of the Bordeaux Competition tasters are wine and vine professionals, including oenologists, dealers, brokers, cellar masters, and wine growers. The Competition takes place under optimal conditions at the Bordeaux Conference Centre to guarantee the reliability of tastings.
The Bordeaux Wine Awards, recognised by the Ministry of Agriculture and organised by the Gironde Chamber of Agriculture, has put various procedures into place to block any attempts at fraud:
- Candidate wines are not delivered to the organisation, but instead taken directly from the property. The procedure ensures that the wine the producer registers is truly what will be tasted on the date of the competition, and it measures the volume!
- Blind tasting is used for total neutrality. The bottles are of course totally anonymous. They have only an identification number, the vintage year, and the appellation. There is no possible way for the taster to know the producer! Wine producers and wine merchants are undistinguishable. If a jury member is also a wine grower, he does not judge his own wine.
- At any time, anti-fraud can check the award-winning wines.
- Since the 2014 edition, the Bordeaux Wine Axards has secure medals which exclude any falsfication in the use of the medals.
A certified competition
The Bordeaux Wine Awards is ISO 9001 certified for its organisation, which has been deemed efficient and effective by an independent certification organisation. This recognition underscores and rewards the competition’s meticulous organisation. It is also approved by the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries. Learn more about the certification…
An organisation committed to sustainable development
Since 2006, the Bordeaux Wine Awards has had a solid commitment to sustainable development. Everything is designed to limit the impact on the environment, while addressing social and economic needs: waste sorting, absolute minimal consumption of paper, selection of local providers, partnerships with associations and much more. Learn more about sustainable growth…
A careful selection yet an extensive choice
No more than a third of the competition’s wines can win an award. This means that out of the 3,500 candidate wines each year, less than 1,000 win an award. But the Bordeaux Competition doesn’t just include last year’s Bordeaux wines! All Aquitaine appellations are represented, from Irouleguy to the Côtes de Castillon, including Saint-Emilion and Sauternes. All appellations not only means all colours (red, white, rose, crémant, sweet white wine, etc.) but also all prices! Everyone can find something they like from the award-winning wines of the Bordeaux Competitions…