Ingrédients (Pour 4 personnes)
- 1 pheasant or duck
- 250g dried figs
- 1 thick slice of ham
- 1 branch of celery
- 1 carrot
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 bouquet garni
- 25cl Loupiac
- olive oil, salt and pepper
Preparing the purée
- 1kg potatoes
- 50g pitted black olives
- 1 large glass of olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- ½ clove of garlic
- salt and pepper
a stewpot, large saucepan, a potato masher and a good fork
For the pheasant
- Soak the figs in the wine for several hours
- Cut the pheasant in two
- Peel and chop the onion and carrot
- Wash and chop the celery
- Brown the pheasant with olive oil in a saucepan.
- Add the garlic, onion, carrot, celery, the slice of ham cut in two and the bouquet garni.
- Deglaze with the figs and the wine
- Add salt and pepper and simmer for 20 minutes.
For the purée
- Peel the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes in a covered saucepan of cold water with the thyme and bay leaves for 25 minutes.
- Strain and mash the potatoes.
- Mix the olives and garlic and blend them with the olive oil.
- Add this mixture to the purée, stirring vigorously
- Add salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Cut up the pheasant or duck, deglaze the sauce using a little hot water, place a plate and serve with the purée.